Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my screen recording black? iPhone 13 Pro

Hi everyone, I can't seems to screen records my screen. Every time I tried, it came out black only. No error message. I can still records audio but no visual at all only black. I am using iPhone 13 Pro 128 GB with plenty of space left (around 80 GB). Anyone else have had this issue? Thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2022 12:17 AM

Hi James_M50, Hi rio_nakayama,

i actually have exactly the same problem. A phone restart always fixes the problem for me as well but unfortunately after a few days it stops working again. I got the problem for a few months now and did every iOS update asap but the issue still persits.

Screenshots are working fine though. Maybe any other ideas than resetting the iPhone?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Jonas

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2022 12:17 AM in response to rio_nakayama

Hi James_M50, Hi rio_nakayama,

i actually have exactly the same problem. A phone restart always fixes the problem for me as well but unfortunately after a few days it stops working again. I got the problem for a few months now and did every iOS update asap but the issue still persits.

Screenshots are working fine though. Maybe any other ideas than resetting the iPhone?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Jonas

Apr 18, 2022 3:30 PM in response to James_M50

Hi James_M50 thank you for the reply, my ios is up to date and I was trying to record my screen in general. No specific content. It is however now fixed, after a simple restart of the iPhone. I feel like an idiot to be honest. But nevertheless it worked. It might be a simple bug in the end. I should’ve made it solved but I forgot. Sorry for the trouble, it’s my first time here. Again thank you so much!

Apr 18, 2022 9:20 AM in response to rio_nakayama

Hi rio_nakayama,

Are you experiencing this issue when attempting to screen record while using a specific app, or when trying to record specific content?

Does the same behavior occur when taking a screenshot?

Are you using the latest iOS software version? If not, we recommend backing up your iPhone and then installing any available iOS update: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to record the screen on your iPhone or iPad | Apple Support - YouTube

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers!

Apr 18, 2022 3:31 PM in response to James_M50

Hi James_M50 thank you for the reply, my ios is up to date and I was trying to record my screen in general. No specific content. It is however now fixed, after a simple restart of the iPhone. I feel like an idiot to be honest. But nevertheless it worked. It might be a simple bug in the end. I should’ve made it solved but I forgot. Sorry for the trouble, it’s my first time here. Again thank you so much!

May 11, 2022 12:38 AM in response to Maxlä

Hi Maxlä I’m sorry to hear that. Mines been working fine after that force restart I did. Have you just restart your iPhone or have you tried force restarting it?

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button

Hope this help

Why is my screen recording black? iPhone 13 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.