Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left AirPod makes10 seconds hiss/static

My left airpod consistently makes ~10 seconds of a harsh static/his as i put it in my ear, which abruptly stops. Operation thereafter is normal. Any idea what this is or how to address it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 2:07 PM

Hello kevymckeversons,

try this article first: If your AirPods Pro make crackling or static sounds - Apple Support

You may try to „Forget“ your AirPods, if the article above hasn't solved the issue:

—> Connect to your AirPods (If they won‘t connect but are saved in settings, skip this step)

—> In Settings, under „Bluetooth“, find your AirPods and click the little (i) on the right

—> Scroll down until you find a button named „Disconnect“ 

—> Once disconnected, click „Forget Device“

—> Now, open the lid of your AirPods case with your AirPods in it. Small box with a button named „Connect“ should appear.

—> If the AirPods connect, test them thoroughly, and if they work fine, „Forgetting“ your AirPods has successfully worked. 

If that hasn't solved your issue, try to reset your AirPods: How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

Reach out to Apple Support if you experience further issues --> https://support.apple.com/contact

Best regards,

dotec

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2022 2:07 PM in response to kevymckeversons

Hello kevymckeversons,

try this article first: If your AirPods Pro make crackling or static sounds - Apple Support

You may try to „Forget“ your AirPods, if the article above hasn't solved the issue:

—> Connect to your AirPods (If they won‘t connect but are saved in settings, skip this step)

—> In Settings, under „Bluetooth“, find your AirPods and click the little (i) on the right

—> Scroll down until you find a button named „Disconnect“ 

—> Once disconnected, click „Forget Device“

—> Now, open the lid of your AirPods case with your AirPods in it. Small box with a button named „Connect“ should appear.

—> If the AirPods connect, test them thoroughly, and if they work fine, „Forgetting“ your AirPods has successfully worked. 

If that hasn't solved your issue, try to reset your AirPods: How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

Reach out to Apple Support if you experience further issues --> https://support.apple.com/contact

Best regards,

dotec

Left AirPod makes10 seconds hiss/static

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.