Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

static in right airpod

My right airpod makes loud static noise about 3 times between me pressing on the airpod, it stops, then happens again, and stops - takes about 3 times to get it to stop so I can hear. Only the right airpod is having this problem - not the left. Any suggestions? Do I need to replace it or is there any maintenance I can try to fix this?

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 3:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 9:51 PM

helanger Said:

"static in right airpod: [...] Any suggestions? Do I need to replace it or is there any maintenance I can try to fix this?"

-------

You should try the following...

Troubleshooting AirPods Microphone:

A. Interference:

This is likely an error with interference. So, start here: If your AirPods Pro make Crackling or Static Sounds - Apple Support

B. If Used in a Closed Space:

Does it sound muffled? If you are using these in a closed room, then echos can come about.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2022 9:51 PM in response to helanger

helanger Said:

"static in right airpod: [...] Any suggestions? Do I need to replace it or is there any maintenance I can try to fix this?"

-------

You should try the following...

Troubleshooting AirPods Microphone:

A. Interference:

This is likely an error with interference. So, start here: If your AirPods Pro make Crackling or Static Sounds - Apple Support

B. If Used in a Closed Space:

Does it sound muffled? If you are using these in a closed room, then echos can come about.

static in right airpod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.