Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple keeps canceling my order.

I’ve tried placing an order online since April 13th and since then, my orders keep getting canceled. Apple support has been of no help as they keep transferring me back and forth to sales and customer service and I’m helpless now. The nearest Apple stores don’t have the IPhone I need in stock so the first order I placed was in store but through their online website. Overnight, the order was cancelled. I call Apple Support and they tell me they don’t know the reason behind the cancellation and for me to try again. I place an order again, and this time I get a message saying “you have reached the maximum number of attempts, please change your payment method”. I change the payment method and the same message pops up again.

I call Apple support again, get transferred to different people back and forth and they tell me they still can’t give me an answer as to why it’s being canceled and to call my bank and see if it roots from their side. I call my bank and they say there is no problem from their side and that the transaction was approved, deducted and refunded. Apple support then tells me to change my Apple ID and order again, I do it and the order has, yet again, been canceled.

I have so far changed Apple IDs, credit cards, IP addresses and have had Apple agents try to process this purchase over the phone and in person. I’m paying half with an Apple gift card and half through my credit card and I have also asked them to transfer my gift card to another gift card to see if the gift card was the problem; it wasn’t, order was still canceled.

Apple Supports customer service has been ridiculously useless and ineffectual and I have tried everything so far with no one helping me on what to do. I’ve talked to 10 different people including supervisors, admins and customer support agents and the best answer I’ve gotten is to wait until inventory comes in to an Apple store nearby and to go grab it in person. That can take weeks according to my Apple store and I don’t wanna wait that long.

This is so frustrating because I would’ve gotten the phone by now if my initial order went through, I’m so irritated and don’t know what to do now. They can’t tell me the cause for cancellation so how am I suppose to move Forward/ find a solution? Does anyone know who I can contact?someone who could actually help me figure out what to do.. I’ve done everything from my side!!!!

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 9:09 PM

Hello irajfromedmonton, WoW😳 that is a lot of hoops to jump through to make a purchase! The one hoop I didn't see mentioned is Make sure your Apple ID shipping address and Credit Card billing address are the same, unless your picking up at a Apple Store. In my experience when I've used the IOS Apple Store app to make a purchase my shipping address comes up as and old no longer valid address. Even though my Apple ID address and Credit Card address are updated somehow the address never gets updated in the Apple Store App until I change it to make the purchase. Doing that all my purchase have gone through. Maybe this Apple Support page on managing your Apple ID can help. Good Luck!

Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2022 9:09 PM in response to irajfromedmonton

Hello irajfromedmonton, WoW😳 that is a lot of hoops to jump through to make a purchase! The one hoop I didn't see mentioned is Make sure your Apple ID shipping address and Credit Card billing address are the same, unless your picking up at a Apple Store. In my experience when I've used the IOS Apple Store app to make a purchase my shipping address comes up as and old no longer valid address. Even though my Apple ID address and Credit Card address are updated somehow the address never gets updated in the Apple Store App until I change it to make the purchase. Doing that all my purchase have gone through. Maybe this Apple Support page on managing your Apple ID can help. Good Luck!

Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

May 1, 2022 11:01 AM in response to Lutie2

Unfortunately, ranting here is not helpful.

We are all other users and do not work for Apple. As such, we have no connections or insider knowledge of Apple's policies and are not allowed to speculate. So, we do not know why Apple would cancel a repair or a sales order - I do not understand it and can't offer anything except to contact Apple.

Either of you may want to try Apple corporate:

May 1, 2022 10:39 AM in response to irajfromedmonton

I am having the EXACT same issue, except with an “express repair order”: phone dimming by itself…. Repair was initiated under warranty. Apple is to send me a replacement phone (with payment on my cc $1208 each). Now I have 3 repair orders that have gotten cancelled. Holding pending charges of over $3,600 on my cc!! My last conc with CS Supervisor said he didn’t know why this is happening. So we did another repair /replacement order and used a different credit card last Thurs and now Sun at 4:13am I get an email that my repair order had been cancelled again!!! They don’t mess up when they are deducting that $9,99 per no for Apple Care though !!! I am so frustrated..:.. I thought Apple was better than this !!!

Apple keeps canceling my order.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.