Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live photos

When i airdrop pictures from my iphone to mac they get downloaded to another folder and later i transfer them to photos app but because of this the live photos do not remain live. What can be done to keep live photos live or to directly send them to photos app.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 8:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 12:44 AM

Use a USB connection to the phone, and import them directly in the Photos app.

See:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

2 replies

Apr 18, 2022 12:47 AM in response to pankhuri64

A Live Photo is a pair of a high resolution still frame and a video clip with the animation. When you import both the video and the still frame together to Photos, they will be paired again to a Live Photo. This will only, if you did not import a still frame previously. All previous partial imports will have to be deleted completely, or the duplicate detection will prevent the pairing of the components of the Live Photo.

The least are problematic way to transfer Live Photos is iCloud Photos. This will automatically transfer Live Photos alive to all your other devices.

Live photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.