Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message notification on silent still vibrates

I just came to iphone from Android and am lamenting the loss of so many simple controls android had.

For instance with android, everything was either all silent, all vibrate, or all vibrate and sound.

When I click the silence button on the side of my iphone, it still vibrates for text messages.

When I turn on sound, I don't want text messages to make a sound I just want them to vibrate. this seems apparently impossible.

Also why not an easy satellite on/off control, and why no clipboard for copying and pasting from multiple sources?

Solve these three issues and I'm iphone for life.

iPhone 13

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 4:43 AM

The button on the side is just for silencing audible notifications. It will still vibrate if vibration is enabled for notifications unless you turn off 'Vibrate on Silent' under Settings > Sounds & Haptics

If you do not wish to have a sound for messages when the side button is on, go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics, select text tone and change the existing tone to 'none'

Not sure what you mean by 'satellite on/off control' but you can turn off cellular data from control center

You can always suggest product improvements, such as the clipboard, by submitting feedback at Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2022 4:43 AM in response to Kevi0234

The button on the side is just for silencing audible notifications. It will still vibrate if vibration is enabled for notifications unless you turn off 'Vibrate on Silent' under Settings > Sounds & Haptics

If you do not wish to have a sound for messages when the side button is on, go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics, select text tone and change the existing tone to 'none'

Not sure what you mean by 'satellite on/off control' but you can turn off cellular data from control center

You can always suggest product improvements, such as the clipboard, by submitting feedback at Product Feedback - Apple

Message notification on silent still vibrates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.