Text alerts still going off in silent mode

I’ve turned my ringtone and alert, volume all the way down and still get text alerts going off why?

When I had an android, all I had to do was go to one section caller of settings and I could control all the different types of volume, media ringtone, texting etc. All I had to do was grag volume up or down.

It seems like iPhone needs you to turn the volume down but also change your settings to be on vibrate so that once I turn my volume back up, I also have to go back in and add sound to each different alert that I’ve been forced to change to vibrate just to be in silent mode. Why does iPhone make everything so dispersed and complicated to use? I will probably never buy one again because of the overcomplicated nature of this device.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 7:03 AM

Sorry, but this is a user to user forum, and Apple does not follow these discussions, they only provide the platform and the moderators.

But, to let Apple directly know about your wishes for future iOS updates, you can use the Feedback link:

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Maybe also have a look again at the related pages in the iOS User guide:

Change iPhone sounds and vibrations - Apple Support

Change notification settings on iPhone - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2023 7:03 AM in response to Squidwink

Sorry, but this is a user to user forum, and Apple does not follow these discussions, they only provide the platform and the moderators.

But, to let Apple directly know about your wishes for future iOS updates, you can use the Feedback link:

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Maybe also have a look again at the related pages in the iOS User guide:

Change iPhone sounds and vibrations - Apple Support

Change notification settings on iPhone - Apple Support

Text alerts still going off in silent mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.