Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Application From Steam Won't Delete

I recently downloaded a game from the website steam. I decided I wanted to delete it. I first "deleted" and removed it from my Steam library, which only removed the game from steam. It was still in my launchpad. I tried dragging it to the trash, but that didn't do anything. I restarted my laptop (MacBook Air on the latest update), but that didn't change anything. When other apps are moving with the delete X on them, this game doesn't. I don't know if this matters, but there is a portion of the game where you had to go into the game's files and delete a file to progress. I deleted that file, so that may have contributed to this issue. Steam and the game I downloaded are both extremely popular and have a pretty good reputation, so I don't think I received a virus or anything. I just want to delete this game. Please help.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 12:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 7:19 AM

Howdy melodicaman2D,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities!

Since this wasn't downloaded from the App Store, you wouldn't see the Delete button (X) that you're expecting to see so no worries there. Check out the steps below for assistance with using the Finder to delete the game, and more information can be found on this here: How to uninstall apps on your Mac

Use the Finder to delete an app

1. Locate the app in the Finder. Most apps are in your Applications folder, which you can open by clicking Applications in the sidebar of any Finder window. Or use Spotlight to find the app, then press and hold the Command (⌘) key while double-clicking the app in Spotlight.

2. Drag the app to the Trash, or select the app and choose File > Move to Trash.

3. If you're asked for a user name and password, enter the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac. This is probably the name and password you use to log in to your Mac.

4. To delete the app, choose Finder > Empty Trash.

Those steps should allow you to remove the game.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2022 7:19 AM in response to melodicaman2D

Howdy melodicaman2D,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities!

Since this wasn't downloaded from the App Store, you wouldn't see the Delete button (X) that you're expecting to see so no worries there. Check out the steps below for assistance with using the Finder to delete the game, and more information can be found on this here: How to uninstall apps on your Mac

Use the Finder to delete an app

1. Locate the app in the Finder. Most apps are in your Applications folder, which you can open by clicking Applications in the sidebar of any Finder window. Or use Spotlight to find the app, then press and hold the Command (⌘) key while double-clicking the app in Spotlight.

2. Drag the app to the Trash, or select the app and choose File > Move to Trash.

3. If you're asked for a user name and password, enter the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac. This is probably the name and password you use to log in to your Mac.

4. To delete the app, choose Finder > Empty Trash.

Those steps should allow you to remove the game.

Have a great day!

Application From Steam Won't Delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.