Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri issues since the ios15 update

Siri has a delay between first command and being able to hear the 2nd command. She waits 5 seconds before recognizing the 2nd command. I.e. Hey Siri, text so and so, “what do you want to say”, after a 5 second delay she finally allows you to speak. This is very aggravating when trying to remain 100% hands-free in the car.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 6:41 AM

12 replies

Apr 19, 2022 9:05 AM in response to Siri8sIssues

Hi Siri8sIssues,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that Siri is slow to respond to your commands.

Is this only happening while you're connected to your cellular network, or do you experience the same behavior while connected to Wi-Fi as well?

To help isolate this behavior further, check out the troubleshooting steps outlined here: If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

We look forward to your reply.

Cheers!

Apr 27, 2022 12:31 PM in response to Siri8sIssues

I’m having exactly the same issue. It only happens on Apple CarPlay and the pause before she allows you to speak is indeed about 6 to 7 seconds. It’s very frustrating. All the Siri settings are correct and it worked fine before the 15 update. Therefore, it must be something to do with the update itself as none of the settings changed and this problem began to happen.

Apr 27, 2022 1:06 PM in response to Davidbiz0303

After reading several explanations it is apparent this was an intentional update by Apple to better help us communicate with AI - as if. Funny thing is it didn’t happen to my wife’s phone which is a later model. So the new way to talk to text is to not pause after pressing the CarPlay button or saying hey Siri - do it all in one sentence - ie “text so and so I am on the way”. Treat your replies the same way, ie “reply I am on the way”. Guess Apple has never heard of, “it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Maybe they subscribe to the “if it ain’t broke, make it better” philosophy…sorry Apple, this ain’t better.

May 4, 2022 10:21 PM in response to marchibald

As a previous poster found… to my relief.. it’s apparently purposeful!! Apple think it’s an improvement!! The solution is to continue your text or request without a pause. Say: “ Hey, Siri text John, what time is the meeting?” Do it this way and it will work. I don’t know how to fix it when Siri asks you if you want to reply…that still leaves the 6 second pause. Still working on that!! 😉

Siri issues since the ios15 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.