Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri not working iOS 16.02

Since updating to iOS 16.02 Siri is no longer working. When I invoke Siri, either with Hey Siri or the side button, I get “One sec” and “Working on it.” Then “Something went wrong.” Tried rebooting, resetting and checking all dictation and Siri settings. No luck. Any ideas?

iPhone 12

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 10:29 AM

Hi jimmycms,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! To help isolate the issue, can you test if this happens with all Siri Voices? To check try the following steps:

1. Go to Settings > Siri & Search.
2. Tap Language to change the language that Siri uses for requests and responses.
3. Tap Siri Voice to change the voice that Siri speaks.

If so, we recommend that you reach out to Apple Support directly to take a further look. Please reach out here:

Get Support

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2022 10:29 AM in response to jimmycms

Hi jimmycms,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! To help isolate the issue, can you test if this happens with all Siri Voices? To check try the following steps:

1. Go to Settings > Siri & Search.
2. Tap Language to change the language that Siri uses for requests and responses.
3. Tap Siri Voice to change the voice that Siri speaks.

If so, we recommend that you reach out to Apple Support directly to take a further look. Please reach out here:

Get Support

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

Oct 8, 2022 6:47 PM in response to jimmycms

I have the same problem. Happened to me after the update to 16.02 - I changed carrier and Siri stopped working. I can disable / re-enable Siri and it understands my voice - the problem seems to be in the network communication between the iPhone and the internet. I tried resetting the Network settings - but same issue persists.

I called Apple support - they said a hundred or so people have this exact issue, and the best I could do was to wait for the next OS update. No Siri until then. Apple is working on a fix ...

Siri not working iOS 16.02

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.