Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since Universal Control became available, Sidecar stopped working

I updated my M1 Max MacBook Pro to Monterey 12.3.1 recently and it highlighted that Universal Control is available. I turned it on to try it (and it seems to work great). However since then, I can't get Sidecar to work. It just doesn't show up as an option for me.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 3:09 PM

On the Mac, go to System Preferences -> Displays and open up the Add Display drop-down. Does what you see look anything like this:

Underneath "Link Keyboard and Mouse" do you see a checkbox on the name of your iPad? If so, that means Universal Control is operational.

Below that, underneath "Mirror or extend to" do you also see the name of your iPad? (Possibly along with other things.) If that's what you see, click on the name of your iPad there. Does it then a) turn off Universal Control, and b) turn on Sidecar?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2022 3:09 PM in response to tadhgk

On the Mac, go to System Preferences -> Displays and open up the Add Display drop-down. Does what you see look anything like this:

Underneath "Link Keyboard and Mouse" do you see a checkbox on the name of your iPad? If so, that means Universal Control is operational.

Below that, underneath "Mirror or extend to" do you also see the name of your iPad? (Possibly along with other things.) If that's what you see, click on the name of your iPad there. Does it then a) turn off Universal Control, and b) turn on Sidecar?

Since Universal Control became available, Sidecar stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.