Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preventing incoming calls on secondary phone connection on an iPhone

Hi

I’m looking into adding an esim into my iPhone so I can use the second number for work purposes. There will be times when I want to stop all incoming calls to the second number - in other words, I only want to receive work calls at particular times.

I was thinking about using the focus mode in ios 15 to do this but don’t think it can be applied to the “receiving sim” only to calling numbers or apps.

Is there any way of doing this?

Thanks, Graham

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 11:39 PM

You’ll have the ability to toggle each line “on/off” individually in Settings -> Mobile.

You might also find this guide helpful:

Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 19, 2022 5:59 AM in response to grahamfromtamworth

You’re welcome.

Dual-numbers works VERY well.

In my experience, one of it’s few “areas for improvement” is that it’s not immediately obvious - at least to me - on which line an SMS text message arrives. (although the answer is just a “click or two” away)

It would also be helpful if each of the lines could be configured with it’s own unique ring tone. (a true “First World” problem)

Don’t hesitate to jump in …

… Apple’s install process is smooth, with each step well-prompted and explained; the most difficult part was getting an eSIM from the carrier.

However that process appears to have been largely worked-out w/ the “majors” as eSIMs have gone “mainstream.”

Preventing incoming calls on secondary phone connection on an iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.