Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does E-Sim disable Calls on other devices?

Hi!

So recently I switched to esim on my iphone 13 pro max, latest ios version and all. Since then whenever I get a phone call, whether it's a normal phone call or it's a facetime call, I can't pick it up on my other devices anymore.

I can't tell for sure if this is because of the esim, but the timing is just pointing at it. Before the switching to esim, which is 2 days ago, I was still able to receive calls on my mac and ipad, using the same wifi network, same devices and firmware version and all ... the only difference I can think of is the esim.

Please help me, because this severely impact my decision on whether to upgrade to iphone 14, since there's no place for a physical sim card.

Thanks everyone!

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 3:03 PM

Hello longnhatking,

Since you aren't able to receive calls on your other devices, you'll want to double check the requirements and settings from this resource: Make and receive calls on your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support Some of those items may need to be re-enabled.

Should that still persist after checking on those items, are your other devices also up to date?

Let us know, and we'll keep moving forward from there.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2022 3:03 PM in response to longnhatking.

Hello longnhatking,

Since you aren't able to receive calls on your other devices, you'll want to double check the requirements and settings from this resource: Make and receive calls on your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support Some of those items may need to be re-enabled.

Should that still persist after checking on those items, are your other devices also up to date?

Let us know, and we'll keep moving forward from there.

Sep 11, 2022 8:35 PM in response to longnhatking.

Hi! Thanks for your nice reply.

I've read that articles and followed every step. And yes, all my devices are up to date, however, I found out something:

If I use my home wifi, everything works fine. A call on my iPhone can be picked up on my mac and iPad. But if it's the wifi network at my workplace, the problem still persists. I can only pick up calls on iPhone while at work. And to clarify, I used to be able to pick up calls on all my devices while on work wifi, before the esim.

I have no idea what and how and why this is. I realised as absurd as it sounds, it's real and it's what I've experienced.

Sep 12, 2022 1:57 AM in response to longnhatking.

That indeed is odd behavior.

It would be easy to suggest that your workplace network admin made a change … but that’s too easy a “dodge” w/o any factual basis.

Perhaps others here - with more intimate knowledge of the “inner workings” - might have ideas … ?

Other than trying a full power-off and restart cycle, I’m flummoxed. 🤔

Does E-Sim disable Calls on other devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.