Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can we make cellular call without sim?

It’s a bug report on iPhone. I found that we can make cellular calls on iPhones without installing sim in it and I think that apple has privacy issues .

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 10:25 PM

9 replies

Aug 13, 2022 11:44 PM in response to ysundeep

ysundeep Said:

"Can we make cellular call without sim?: I want to know whether it’s possible or not. Because I have found as a bug."

-------

"No Service" and "No SIM"

Is "No Service" shown on the top-left corner of your screen? Is "No SIM" shown on the top of your screen? If either is the case, yet calls are being made, I'd be a bit concerned,

So, How to Report a Bug to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when this all began, and how you have troubleshot it thus far. Include the URL of this post
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Aug 13, 2022 10:38 PM in response to ysundeep

ysundeep Said:

"Can we make cellular call without sim?: It’s a bug report on iPhone. I found that we can make cellular calls on iPhones without installing sim in it and I think that apple has privacy issues . Apple team can contact me for the complete explanation either through[...]"

-------

IMPORTANT: Keep personal information off of forums. These forums are out there for everyone to view. So, once someone sees this information, anyone can know to whom it pertains. So, for Security & Privacy, I've asked the Host to remove the phone numbers and email you've provided.

Aug 14, 2022 12:50 AM in response to TheLittles

1) Get iPhone 6 and 6s, 2) connect to the same Wi-Fi network. 3) use the same Apple ID in both phones. 4) insert a SIM card in iPhone 6s. 5) Make a phone call from any other phone to iPhone 6s in which the sim card is inserted. Finally you can receive call through either phones, I mean via iPhone 6s or iPhone 6. Due to which we are not secure at our own home and we have to use number of Apple ID in the phone.

Can we make cellular call without sim?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.