Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have migrated my old mac to my new one and the password I setup isn't working, so I can't open my new macbook pro, and yes, I know the password is correct.... any ideas?

I have migrated my old mac to my new one and the password I setup isn't working, so I can't open my new macbook pro, and yes, I know the password is correct.... any ideas?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 10:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 11:33 PM

contractorcraig Said:

"I have migrated my old mac to my new one and the password I setup isn't working, so I can't open my new macbook pro, and yes, I know the password is correct.... any ideas?"

-------

Reset your Mac Login Password:

Reset it using the login screen. You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sue that caps lock is not enabled when typing it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2022 11:33 PM in response to contractorcraig

contractorcraig Said:

"I have migrated my old mac to my new one and the password I setup isn't working, so I can't open my new macbook pro, and yes, I know the password is correct.... any ideas?"

-------

Reset your Mac Login Password:

Reset it using the login screen. You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sue that caps lock is not enabled when typing it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.