Developer Forums relocated!

Need help with Apple Developer tools and technologies? Want to share information with other developers and Apple engineers? Visit Developer Forums at Apple.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xcode Previews

Is Xcode previews a developer app? If so, how do I find out the details of this app? It appeared one day on my phone and I cannot delete it or find out how it got on my iPhone. I’m concerned about this app because a person I know who is extremely tech savvy has hacked into my phone and also our router

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 8:11 AM

Xcode Previews is part of iOS, though not normally shown. Whether its appearance here is due to an iOS bug, due to some other innocuous activity, or due to unauthorized activity, is unclear.

However… If your iPhone has been accessed without authorization, and if your Wi-Fi router has been accessed without authorization, and/or if your Apple ID password is possibly become known to others, your security will be best served by addressing those (far larger) issues first.

Reset and reload the iPhone, and reset the router (first), and check for and update the firmware for, and then reconfigure the Wi-Fi router, as a starting point.

Use new and unique and robust passwords. Particularly for your Apple ID, for your cellular provider account PIN, and the passwords for any password-reset paths such as (usually) your main mail email accounts.

Enable two-factor authentication on your Apple ID too, if that is not already enabled.

Here is some additional reading: https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1976/en_US/device-and-data-access-when-personal-safety-is-at-risk.pdf

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2022 8:11 AM in response to Pk1201

Xcode Previews is part of iOS, though not normally shown. Whether its appearance here is due to an iOS bug, due to some other innocuous activity, or due to unauthorized activity, is unclear.

However… If your iPhone has been accessed without authorization, and if your Wi-Fi router has been accessed without authorization, and/or if your Apple ID password is possibly become known to others, your security will be best served by addressing those (far larger) issues first.

Reset and reload the iPhone, and reset the router (first), and check for and update the firmware for, and then reconfigure the Wi-Fi router, as a starting point.

Use new and unique and robust passwords. Particularly for your Apple ID, for your cellular provider account PIN, and the passwords for any password-reset paths such as (usually) your main mail email accounts.

Enable two-factor authentication on your Apple ID too, if that is not already enabled.

Here is some additional reading: https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1976/en_US/device-and-data-access-when-personal-safety-is-at-risk.pdf

Apr 19, 2022 4:07 PM in response to Pk1201

Here is how to: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

How to reset the Wi-Fi router and check for and upgrade its internal firmware varies by vendor, model, and revision.

New and robust and unique passwords and two-factor are central to cleaning up from security breaches—and beyond that, Apple also provides tailored security recommendations in Settings > Passwords > Security Recommendations.

Xcode Previews

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.