Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hotspot

So, I’ve googled and many people have had this exact problem, yet I have not found anything to fix it. My macbook disconnects from hotspot like every second minute. I have macbook pro m1 2020 and two different iphones, iphone x and iphone 11 and the problem occurs with both of them. All devices are up to date, I have tried it in safe mode, no effect. This is driving me crazy, super annoying. I have an older macbook air 2013, which works fine, so it’s either this model or OS that is crap. How to fix it?

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 7:17 AM

These are my top troubleshooting tips:

If none seem to work, look for the live chat option further down.

Try the following:

Update macOS.

Try Safe Mode.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac.

If that does not help, then get expert service and support at the Genius Bar.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2022 7:17 AM in response to jani277

These are my top troubleshooting tips:

If none seem to work, look for the live chat option further down.

Try the following:

Update macOS.

Try Safe Mode.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac.

If that does not help, then get expert service and support at the Genius Bar.

Apr 19, 2022 9:54 PM in response to jani277

Same here, I have been googling around for weeks now…nothing seems to work, and I use my iPad Pro 12.9 + iPhone 12 Pro Max for hotspot data as well as my wife's phone when she is home and around. I basically live on cell phone data for remote work.

A solution for this would be fantastic…very annoying. It seems, as I've updated my Mac, the problems have gotten worse.

MacBook Pro M1 Max 64 GB/2 TB/14” variant…laptop is about 3 months old.

hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.