Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 8 is shooting videos in yellowish colour. How can I fix that?

My iPhone 8 is shooting videos in yellowish colour. How can I fix that? I want the colors to be whiter and clear. Even after I finish the video and I edit the colors with the iPhone feature the video is still yellow. I'm I missing somthing here?

iPhone 8

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 12:01 PM

missmvmaria,

Thank you for those details. Additionally, are you using a protective case or film? If so, you can test further by removing it:

If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

4 replies

Apr 20, 2022 8:12 AM in response to missmvmaria

Hello missmvmaria,

In addition to the yellow tint/color showing for videos you record, are you noticing if the display of the iPhone is showing a yellow tint in all applications and functions? If so, it's possible that Night Shift may be enabled. This feature can be disabled in Settings > Display & Brightness > Night Shift. Also, if True Tone is enabled, tap the green toggle to disable that feature and test to see if the issue persists. You can also find these steps outlined in the following article, along with additional display settings.

Adjust the screen brightness and color on iPhone

If the issue continues after disabling those features and you're not seeing a yellow tint in other apps and functions, try recording a video in a different lighting environments to help rule out external factors. For example, if you're noticing this issue when recording videos indoors, try recording a video outside to see if the issue persists.

Let us know how that goes!

Apr 20, 2022 11:51 AM in response to Todd0213

Hi Todd,

Thanks for your answer. The night shift function is not enabled and I always shoot videos with the full brightness of the screen. What I have noticed is that when I shoot vertical videos the colors are perfect and is showing the true lightness in the room, and the yellow is happening only on horizontal videos, for example, YouTube ratio. I have this issue only when I shoot indoors, outdoors is fine. I guess I need better or extra light indoors.

My iPhone 8 is shooting videos in yellowish colour. How can I fix that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.