Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally deleted the Camera app from my iPhone, how do I reinstate it?

I accidentally deleted the camera app from my iPhone 8

, how do I reinstate it?

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 10:09 AM

The Camera app cannot be deleted from the iPhone since it is a part of iOS. It is probably accidentally removed from the Home Screen, however, still exists in the App Library. The App Library is the last Home Screen on your iPhone when you continue to SWIPE LEFT until you reach it. Once you are in the App Library, then you can search and find the Camera app. Once found, then you can DRAG the app out of there and place it on your favorite spot of the Home Screen.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2022 10:09 AM in response to T4acT0o4

The Camera app cannot be deleted from the iPhone since it is a part of iOS. It is probably accidentally removed from the Home Screen, however, still exists in the App Library. The App Library is the last Home Screen on your iPhone when you continue to SWIPE LEFT until you reach it. Once you are in the App Library, then you can search and find the Camera app. Once found, then you can DRAG the app out of there and place it on your favorite spot of the Home Screen.

Axel F.

I accidentally deleted the Camera app from my iPhone, how do I reinstate it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.