Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X "Sampler Instrument (mellotron) not found."

I've seen a few people have this question, and I've just run into the issue as well. I just recently backed up my entire computer on an external drive, including the Audio Music Apps section from the Library.

Now my projects that use the vintage mellotron plugin show up with an error message when every time I open the project, specifying the setting of mellotron I was using in the session, example Sampler Instrument "strings and flute" not found OR "flutes" etc. And that same mellotron track in the project defaults to a sound I've never heard before, like distorted vibes meets electric piano -- not the mellotron sound I previously selected. I am able to reload the mellotron sound by opening up the plugin and reselecting the sound I want, but I cannot do that and keep my specific settings in that instrument. :(

Anyone have any solutions to this problem yet? Thank you.

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 2:13 PM

OK, I may have found a solution:

I went into Logic Pro > Sound Library > Open Sound Library Manager and it showed me the Vintage Mellotron was already installed, but I hit "install" again and restarted Logic. I think I may have done this twice, to see if it would stick, and it kept my mellotron settings when I opened up my project, no error message.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2022 2:13 PM in response to aGirlNamedScot

OK, I may have found a solution:

I went into Logic Pro > Sound Library > Open Sound Library Manager and it showed me the Vintage Mellotron was already installed, but I hit "install" again and restarted Logic. I think I may have done this twice, to see if it would stick, and it kept my mellotron settings when I opened up my project, no error message.

Logic Pro X "Sampler Instrument (mellotron) not found."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.