Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Music playlists after Time Machine restore

I recently had to reload my OS and all my files using a Time Machine restore. I was able to get all my music files working in Music, but lost all my playlists. I can see the iTunesLibrary.xml file, but can't make the connection with Music. Any ideas? Thx Paul

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 2:38 AM

If you've moved from iTunes to Music then what you would normally want to do is press and hold down option as you launch Music, use the Choose Library option, and pick the iTunes Library(.itl) file from your former library to convert to the .musiclibrary format. This would bring in your playlists, ratings, play counts, etc.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2022 2:38 AM in response to Indyspudman

If you've moved from iTunes to Music then what you would normally want to do is press and hold down option as you launch Music, use the Choose Library option, and pick the iTunes Library(.itl) file from your former library to convert to the .musiclibrary format. This would bring in your playlists, ratings, play counts, etc.

tt2

Lost Music playlists after Time Machine restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.