Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch not getting consistent notifications

It has been ongoing for years and several models of watch (beginning with Series 4 and now Series 7) and IPhone XS Max, 11Pro Max and now 13Pro Max. Throughout the years phones and watches have been unpaired and re paired. IPhone set up as new many many times. There have been several replacement of devices. Still IMessage, SMS, and Apple mail notifications do not constantly come to the watch. Yet, if the watch is off the wrist the phone receives and alerts those same notifications come through consistently. If I’m wearing Air Pods and the watch, notifications are consistently heard. ALSO, third party apps such as WhatsApp and Telegram notifications consistently come through the watch. Yet Apple Support only replays the same solutions that have not worked. On my most recent contact I asked to speak to someone other than the senior advisor and I was informed that they were the highest point of contact. I’m certainly not satisfied after many years of frustration

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 1:50 PM

If your iPhone is unlocked you won’t receive the notifications on the watch as it assumes you’re using the phone and can see/ hear them. So all app notifications synced with iCloud are affected by this. If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode.

See this link for clarification: Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2022 1:50 PM in response to vtx1300s

If your iPhone is unlocked you won’t receive the notifications on the watch as it assumes you’re using the phone and can see/ hear them. So all app notifications synced with iCloud are affected by this. If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode.

See this link for clarification: Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Watch not getting consistent notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.