Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact GROUPS not showing in iCloud but showing on iPhone

After finally understanding how to manage contacts and groups from different accounts in my iPhone, I still have the issue of having "old" groups on the Contacts app on my iPhone, which do not sync anymore and so, those are not visible on iCloud.

Current situation on iPhone: three accounts configured, only iCloud active for contacts. Mac and iPhone have same settings. Mac's Contacts show no groups, iPhone's Contacts show them...

I have already erased the Contacts app from iPhone, restarted it and reinstalled Contacts app, groups are still there even after new installation...

I cannot delete them from iPhone... any ideas on how to delete these old contacts groups from iPhone?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 7:46 PM

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else Add the email account that stores your contacts in the IOS mail app and enable Contacts.If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organisation's system administrator.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2022 7:46 PM in response to perlablopez

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else Add the email account that stores your contacts in the IOS mail app and enable Contacts.If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organisation's system administrator.

Contact GROUPS not showing in iCloud but showing on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.