Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR flashing apple logo - possible water damage

Hi there,

Have tried the suggestions of:

(i) clicking Volume Up, Volume Down and holding down the on/off button. No change.

(Ii) using a lighting cable, connecting to a Mac, but the Mac does not even recognise that the XR is connected.

The phone was briefly immersed in water 2 days ago. It worked perfectly for the following 24 hours until I went for a walk in the rain and it got rained on while responding to calls. That’s when the flashing logo started.

I can see some condensation around the front facing camera. The phone was due the latest upgrade.

Please tell me there is a solution. I love my XR and don’t want to upgrade!

Thanks & regards,

Kate

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 6:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 3:08 AM

Hi! Did you check the LCI? All iPhones feature a Liquid Contact Indicator which is activated in case water got in contact with the circuit board and damaged the phone. If the iPhone was damaged by water, the indicator will glow bright red. Here is how to check it: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204104

2 replies

Apr 20, 2022 3:15 AM in response to wearthefoxhat

Perhaps it's not too late to grab a plastic bag, preferably a common zipper storage bag and fill it up with uncooked rice, then place your iphone in the plastic bag and make sure it is fully immersed in the rice. Make sure to take out as much air as possible from the bag and zip it up. Let the iPhone remain in the rice for at least 24 hours (preferably 48 hours)...

iPhone XR flashing apple logo - possible water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.