Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I create a shortcut to enter the date and time in Pages?

I usually begin work in Pages by inserting the date and time. I have to go to Insert and select Date and Time. Then, I have to change the format to actually include the time. Can I create a shortcut to handle this? Thanks.

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 7:34 PM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2022 8:35 PM in response to Old Timer 008

Old Timer 008 Said:

"Can I create a shortcut to enter the date and time in Pages?: I usually begin work in Pages by inserting the date and time. I have to go to Insert and select Date and Time. Then, I have to change the format to actually include the time. Can I create a shortcut to handle this? Thanks."

-------

Create and Use a Default Template:

Everytime you open a document, and you want to see the date and time, then create a default template.

1. Go here: Set a default font in Pages on Mac - Pages - Apple
  2. Maximize: Create a custom template with your font choices
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

Apr 19, 2022 8:53 PM in response to Old Timer 008

Old Timer 008 wrote:

I usually begin work in Pages by inserting the date and time. I have to go to Insert and select Date and Time. Then, I have to change the format to actually include the time. Can I create a shortcut to handle this? Thanks.

FWIW, once you start a document in Pages, insert Date and Time, then change the format, as TheLittle suggested you can save the page as a template. Then you just open the template which will show the correct date and time. Might be easier than setting up the shortcut. Although the shortcut works globally, not just in Pages.

See? Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 11:51:59 PM

Can I create a shortcut to enter the date and time in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.