Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

H&R Block Tax Program Printing Problems

I just spent 4 hours, 47 minutes, and 17 seconds on the phone with 2nd level tech support for H&R Block. I can not print a normal sized page with the 2021 Deluxe Tax Software. Tech support was unable to give any help or suggestions and I was promised a call back within the next 5 days.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 7:09 AM

I finally received a reply from H&R Block, nine days after taxes were due. I followed their instructions and it did allow me to print my return. This experience and over 4 hours on hold with H&R Block will weigh heavily on my choice of tax software next year.

H&R Block's response is as follows:

-Exit HRBS software 

-Go to System Preferences 

-Go to printers and Scanners

-Notice the plus and minus button next to the printer icons 

-Click the minus button on all printers 

-Now Open your software and try to print to a PDF now and open in preview 

will fix issue. 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2022 7:09 AM in response to TXPelican

I finally received a reply from H&R Block, nine days after taxes were due. I followed their instructions and it did allow me to print my return. This experience and over 4 hours on hold with H&R Block will weigh heavily on my choice of tax software next year.

H&R Block's response is as follows:

-Exit HRBS software 

-Go to System Preferences 

-Go to printers and Scanners

-Notice the plus and minus button next to the printer icons 

-Click the minus button on all printers 

-Now Open your software and try to print to a PDF now and open in preview 

will fix issue. 

Apr 22, 2022 7:44 AM in response to JKinFlorida

I had this problem too and found this post:

rmatt2000

User level:

Level 1

(18 points)

Apr 5, 2022 7:31 AM in response to TractionLobe

I had this problem too. I have an ancient HP LaserJet 1150, and for some reason, H&R Block 2021 couldn't render the pages of the return correctly - even if you were only trying to produce PDF. Here is how I finally fixed it.

1) Open System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.

2) Delete your printer.

3) Open H&R Block and choose print.

4) When the print dialog opens, choose PDF.

5) Click the print button and save the PDF file.

6) Recreate the printer from the System Preferences > Printers & Scanners dialog.

7) Open the PDF in Preview and print.

I tried going through the steps, but it didn’t fix the issue. I spent an hour on the phone with a rep trying to help me and she was communicating with others the next level up. They eventually suggested the same steps as above, except to make sure that no printer is selected when you print to PDF. Still didn’t work for me.

What did work was to delete the H&R Block 2021 app, then re-download and update it. Since no printers were installed on my MacBook Pro the glitch did not recur. When I opened the fresh H&R Block 2021 app and opened my return, I was able to go to print my return, create a printer, and the thumbnail images of the return looked correct and printed correctly without having to make a PDF version to print.

Hope this helps. H&R Block’s phone support is an ordeal. I spent an hour+ on hold trying to get a solution so I could file on time. Nope. (I had to download an extension form PDF from the IRS to get something I could send in.) I spent another hour+ after tax day explaining the issue to a rep, being told it was a “known issue” and then waiting on hold for someone at the escalated level to help before giving up for that day. That’s when I came to look at this forum to see if I was the only one with this issue. Yep, there were others. So, on the third round with HRB support I was prepared with what I learned here. To fix the printing problem for me took an additional step beyond the advice, but it’s fixed.

H&R Block Tax Program Printing Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.