Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2010 Mac Mini SSD will not boot up

My Mac Mini 2010 had a new 250 ssd hard drive fitted 4 years ago, today it will not boot up. When starting up using Command-R the disk utility says that the Mac HD is not mounted, taking it to an iCare center only got the response it is vintage and no parts available, not interested in repairing, so how do you remount it, any suggestions please, thank you.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 5:26 AM

I maybe 70 years old but I do not think I am at the end of my life yet, so it is with my vintage 2010 Mac Mini.

The problem of the Mac HD found not mounted was solved using the disk utilities feature by erasing the HD drive and reformatting as Extended journaled which then showed it as mounted, then restoring the HD from a time Machine copy that we all should have ( well do you) now my beloved Mac is alive and working again LONG live APPLE.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2022 5:26 AM in response to Colin M G.

I maybe 70 years old but I do not think I am at the end of my life yet, so it is with my vintage 2010 Mac Mini.

The problem of the Mac HD found not mounted was solved using the disk utilities feature by erasing the HD drive and reformatting as Extended journaled which then showed it as mounted, then restoring the HD from a time Machine copy that we all should have ( well do you) now my beloved Mac is alive and working again LONG live APPLE.

2010 Mac Mini SSD will not boot up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.