Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Deleted my Internal SSD (Macintosh HD) on my macbook 12 inch and now its not mounting

good afternoon everyone, i had a Macbook 12 laying around, wanted to give it to my niece and i went on to delete everything from the mac and i dunno how i managed to make the awesome mistake of deleting the internal SSD. Ive looked everywhere noone seems to have an answer.

Computer turns on and the flashing folder comes up

If i do recovery to reinstall OS, it does the whole process until it ask which hard drive to install OS in and its blank. No options to choose my internal SSD

Literally the computer does not seem to read the Internal SSD

Tried the Terminal and it wont show it either.

Going to View and clicking show all devices does nothing. I dont know what else to do.

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 1:32 PM

Maybe try booting from a flash drive and reinstalling the OS.

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

At the bottom is a link for creating a bootable flash drive.

Assuming the Mac was operating as expected, all you really needed to do was create her an admin use, login using it and delete your user choosing to NOT keep your home folder.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2023 1:32 PM in response to YoungSteve402

Maybe try booting from a flash drive and reinstalling the OS.

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

At the bottom is a link for creating a bootable flash drive.

Assuming the Mac was operating as expected, all you really needed to do was create her an admin use, login using it and delete your user choosing to NOT keep your home folder.

I Deleted my Internal SSD (Macintosh HD) on my macbook 12 inch and now its not mounting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.