Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen shuts down

Hi

My screen shuts down when I touch the frame/border and I have to login again. This is very annoying and I hope someone can tell me what’s wrong and how to solve this problem.

iPad Air 5 Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 1:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 2:02 AM

By “shuts down” are you suggesting that your iPad reboots (with the Apple logo), or that the iPad locks and you are simply challenged for your Passcode? Something else?

With the benefit of more information, contributors here may be able to provide more insight and appropriate guidance. This user tip, authored by a senior contributor here, may help you to describe the problem in more detail:

Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple Community

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2022 2:02 AM in response to annika125

By “shuts down” are you suggesting that your iPad reboots (with the Apple logo), or that the iPad locks and you are simply challenged for your Passcode? Something else?

With the benefit of more information, contributors here may be able to provide more insight and appropriate guidance. This user tip, authored by a senior contributor here, may help you to describe the problem in more detail:

Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple Community

Apr 20, 2022 2:35 AM in response to annika125

Assuming that you’ve not already done so, try a forced-restart of the iPad - as doing so will very often clear an isolated software or performance issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Screen shuts down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.