Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple One iCloud options

I am currently subscribed to individual Apple One plan but I also pay for 200gb of iCloud therefore I have 250gb of iCloud.

What happens if I upgrade to Family plan? Will I keep those 250gb or will it be downgraded to 200gb?

Thank you in advance for the providing any clarification!

Best regards

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 5:29 AM

To summarise your subscriptions -

Your Apple One individual plan affords you 50GB of iCloud Space.

Your iCloud+ plan is the 200GB space.

They are available concurrently and together give you 250GB

What happens to your iCloud storage when you sign up for Apple One advises the following:

If the iCloud storage included in Apple One is less than your current plan

You will keep both your current iCloud+ plan and the iCloud storage in Apple One.

This is the current setting - you have kept the larger and existing 200GB iCloud+ plan to which the Apple One 50GB has been added.

Were you to upgrade to the Family Apple One plan you would terminate your existing 200GB iCloud+ plan:

If the iCloud storage included in Apple One is equal to your current plan

During the free trial, you will keep both your current iCloud+ plan and the iCloud storage in Apple One. Once the trial has finished, your current iCloud+ plan will be cancelled. Your total iCloud storage will be the amount included in your Apple One subscription.

*Ignore for the moment the quoted text about free trials - this is for those who have not already subscribed to Apple One.

If you are concerned about space on iCloud, especially as you seem to be adding a Family Sharing group, consider the Premier plan which gives you the top tier of iCloud space - 2TB - for a small additional fee per month.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2022 5:29 AM in response to mogwai57mk

To summarise your subscriptions -

Your Apple One individual plan affords you 50GB of iCloud Space.

Your iCloud+ plan is the 200GB space.

They are available concurrently and together give you 250GB

What happens to your iCloud storage when you sign up for Apple One advises the following:

If the iCloud storage included in Apple One is less than your current plan

You will keep both your current iCloud+ plan and the iCloud storage in Apple One.

This is the current setting - you have kept the larger and existing 200GB iCloud+ plan to which the Apple One 50GB has been added.

Were you to upgrade to the Family Apple One plan you would terminate your existing 200GB iCloud+ plan:

If the iCloud storage included in Apple One is equal to your current plan

During the free trial, you will keep both your current iCloud+ plan and the iCloud storage in Apple One. Once the trial has finished, your current iCloud+ plan will be cancelled. Your total iCloud storage will be the amount included in your Apple One subscription.

*Ignore for the moment the quoted text about free trials - this is for those who have not already subscribed to Apple One.

If you are concerned about space on iCloud, especially as you seem to be adding a Family Sharing group, consider the Premier plan which gives you the top tier of iCloud space - 2TB - for a small additional fee per month.

Apr 20, 2022 5:37 AM in response to mogwai57mk

Further to that, when you invite your family members to the group they also have the option to keep their existing iCloud+ plans (presuming they have one) or to terminate that and use the Family iCloud+ space.

I'm glad I have the 2TB plan because I no longer have to monitor carefully the remaining space for my family - and we need it too. Good luck.

Apple One iCloud options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.