Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i paste a web link on to a Pages doc and it be accessible via the document

I need to add website links to a document, but when I do they don't show up as an accessible link, but only as a web address. THX!

I admit I'm new to Pages after years of using Word.

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 8:28 AM

Do as I do and select a word or phrase in Pages that you want to assign that web link from the clipboard. Press ⌘+K to open the Link Editor with Web Page selected in it. Then paste your clipboard link into the Link: window and press return. Then click outside of the Link editor on your document and it will dismiss with your link set on the text selection.

Pages does not assign any link underline as you would expect, so with that link text still selected, you can apply an existing Link character style on it to make it visible in the document. If you want a traditional blue link, I can help you with that too.

Pages was never developed as an MS Word clone, nor does it export in HTML format, so don't expect it to behave like MS Word. with links.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2022 8:28 AM in response to MidwayIsland

Do as I do and select a word or phrase in Pages that you want to assign that web link from the clipboard. Press ⌘+K to open the Link Editor with Web Page selected in it. Then paste your clipboard link into the Link: window and press return. Then click outside of the Link editor on your document and it will dismiss with your link set on the text selection.

Pages does not assign any link underline as you would expect, so with that link text still selected, you can apply an existing Link character style on it to make it visible in the document. If you want a traditional blue link, I can help you with that too.

Pages was never developed as an MS Word clone, nor does it export in HTML format, so don't expect it to behave like MS Word. with links.

How can i paste a web link on to a Pages doc and it be accessible via the document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.