Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand-new MacBookAir yet unable to connect to file share on network copier/scanner

Hello

I scan documents on our big Toshiba e-STUDIO2000 AC, have for years, and on my previous MacBookPro (running Catalina) from the finder I go command + K to access the Toshiba fileshare network, grab my just-scanned documents boom done easy.

Now got a brand-new MacBookAir and impossible to connect. Please see screenshots.

I've spoken to an Apple worker friend (he's more of a hardware dude I think now), spoke to Toshiba helpdesk, we did a teamviewer, everybody coming up empty. Nothing was changed on the Toshiba backoffice interface, and the Toshiba dude said everything looks copacetic there. he couldn't help me.

I am sharing my computer's settings as well as the error message, if any kind soul has any suggestions, I'd be grateful - joni boy also known as joni chaho

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Serial Number]

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 7:38 PM

I doubt I can come up with anything helpful. You're doing everything I would have done.

Since your Mac is new I'd be calling Apple. Start with Get Support. If you are fortunate, you may elicit enough interest from a high level technician with direct access to an engineer. There could conceivably be a macOS bug they should know about.

In the meantime I assume you clicked the Connect As... button as shown in the initial screenshot (the one showing Connection Failed). Connect As... should initiate an authentication request in which you provide a username and password for the scanner. I assume even that isn't happening, in which case I don't know where else to go. Is it possible the scanner is configured to communicate only with specific devices, using a MAC Address table for example?

Can you ping that address? I am assuming you are 100% certain it's correct. If it's not responding to ping requests it might as well not be there. Or it's configured to ignore ping requests, which doesn't help.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2022 7:38 PM in response to Joni Chacho

I doubt I can come up with anything helpful. You're doing everything I would have done.

Since your Mac is new I'd be calling Apple. Start with Get Support. If you are fortunate, you may elicit enough interest from a high level technician with direct access to an engineer. There could conceivably be a macOS bug they should know about.

In the meantime I assume you clicked the Connect As... button as shown in the initial screenshot (the one showing Connection Failed). Connect As... should initiate an authentication request in which you provide a username and password for the scanner. I assume even that isn't happening, in which case I don't know where else to go. Is it possible the scanner is configured to communicate only with specific devices, using a MAC Address table for example?

Can you ping that address? I am assuming you are 100% certain it's correct. If it's not responding to ping requests it might as well not be there. Or it's configured to ignore ping requests, which doesn't help.

Brand-new MacBookAir yet unable to connect to file share on network copier/scanner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.