Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store issues

I just purchased a barely used iPhone XR from an acquaintance. I reset the phone to factory settings and then created my own Apple ID. There is no SIM card inserted yet but I have filled in my email. I tried to install an app eg Instagram, filled in my Apple ID password as requested and then there was a message that popped up saying that I should review my account’s data or something like that. Once I clicked on the review button it led me to a setting-like page that had to do with payment methods. Even though I had opted for no payment it still required me to fill in fields such as card number, address, zip code etc and would not let me proceed without filling in this information. I have tried resetting my phone again as well as signing out and in again in the account but this does not seem to work. I have also tried changing the settings of the phone about payment but it is set in the option of “none” and still presents the issue. Any further suggestions?

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 12:58 PM

You may need to have a payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free. Check which payment method you have on file 

Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit your Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com

On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

See also the following Apple articles:

Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2022 12:58 PM in response to gmarianna

You may need to have a payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free. Check which payment method you have on file 

Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit your Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com

On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

See also the following Apple articles:

Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

App Store issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.