Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logging in to my bank

Using my Mac, I tried logging into my bank (BMO Harris)...it allowed me to get in except when I typed my ID it knocked me out.....I tried numerous times with the same result....this was using Safari...eventually I tried using Google Chrome...I had no trouble getting in or using my ID and password...I then tried using my iPhone ...I had no trouble whatsoever ....I've been using my Mac for years...have never had a problem getting into my bank account....I also attempted to access other bank accounts...there again no problems...

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 5:31 AM

Remove stored cookies and data according to Manage cookies and website data in Safari on Mac - Apple Support, and try loading that website again.

4 replies

May 4, 2022 12:30 PM in response to John Galt

This fix did not work for me. When I try to enter the user name and enter the first letter it clears the screen and I have a white screen with a blinking insertion point. if I continue typing user name and hit tab key i get another insertion bar and I type in my password and enter. The problem now is that I can't respond to whatever is there. This problem just started and I have the same problem on iPad Air 2000 using Safari or Chrome Browser App. Chrome on the mac works OK and so does my Chromebook?

May 4, 2022 1:22 PM in response to Shootka

My posting was regarding BMO. Sign in problem with Safari on the Mac and the fact that it worked on the Mac with Chrome. After I made the previous post I re-booted the Mac and tried to sign in again. It Worked! So the combination of clearing cookies, data and history and then re-booting the Mac was the fix. Now I’ll try the iPad.

Logging in to my bank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.