Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

storage

my photos are currently taking up 45GB of storage on my iPhone 11 and i have 128 GB of storage all together. however my friend’s photos only take up 2GB and she has the iPhone 13. Bearing in mind, i have around 4000 photos and videos and she has around 10,000. any ideas on why this is?

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 6:05 PM

Your friend may have iCloud Photos and its Optimize Storage option turned on. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Also note that if you both have both of those options turned on, the optimization process won't necessarily make the storage on both of your devices the same as optimization depends on a number of factors including the need to free up storage on a device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2022 6:05 PM in response to janet2829

Your friend may have iCloud Photos and its Optimize Storage option turned on. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Also note that if you both have both of those options turned on, the optimization process won't necessarily make the storage on both of your devices the same as optimization depends on a number of factors including the need to free up storage on a device.

storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.