Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung SSD T7 Touch software install issue

For anyone suffering the install issues, on an M1 mac (mine is M1 Max), I have a solution that may help others to fix.

Preamble:

Problem on install was software not installing properly and so the fingerprint element didn't work. Also the disappearing Security & Privacy setting, which in previous OS's allowed a user to add non Mac software, would not appear when I attempted install.

I came across a post 'Samsung Portable SSD software doesn't work properly on MacBook Air M1' and tried the solution that a user posted (useful for removing the Samsung software before clean installing).

My Findings:

It was all to do with the security that I had setup. File vault and the security kernel was set at the highest setting.

My solution:

I cleaned the existing Samsung ssd software off my system. I then visited the website below and scrolled down to the Samsung Portable SSD Software for T7 | T7 Touch (3) options and downloaded the mac software.

https://semiconductor.samsung.com/emea/consumer-storage/support/tools/

I then installed, keeping the System Pref panel with Security & Privacy pane right next to the install. It then showed an option that I had to 'enable system extensions' by 'modifying your security settings in the Recovery environment' --> to do this 'shut down your system, then press and hold Touch ID/power button to launch Startup Security Utility. In the Utility enable kernel extensions from the security policy button'

(Before I could boot as instructed the Samsung software wanted to restart my system to complete what it was doing. I complied... on reboot the information to shutdown and hold power for recovery still popped up.)

This took a few passes of filling my password into the recovery mode and rebooting back in, til I saw a prompt to reboot holding the Touch ID/Power button, which then showed a system preferences icon saying 'options'. I was then able to change my security settings to allow third party.

So far so good. I have yet to reinstate the full security... I will in due course to test everything is still functioning... but at the moment this seems to have worked.

I hope this helps others, who have the same issues.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 3:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 11:38 AM

i had the same problem.

MacBook Pro late 2020 16 inch

I put out the firewall of my Mac. and now it's working again.

Similar questions

1 reply

Samsung SSD T7 Touch software install issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.