Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating Kindle app, it will not open?

Couple of days ago I updated the Kindle app on my iPad but after that it won't open. When you tap on Kindle icon it just go right back to the front page. I contacted Amazon Customer Service help on 3 occasions. Have been asked to uninstall app, reinstall app, power off, power on, unplug wifi and restart numerous times but nothing worked. Please help, thanks.

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 6:57 AM

See the troubleshooting steps here, If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

15 replies

Apr 21, 2022 7:17 AM in response to lobsterghost1

The whole day yesterday was spent in messaging Amazon Customer Service. I was helped by 3 different staff at different times. Anyway, besides telling me to unintall, install, power on, power off, etc., the last staff said they would inform the developer and see what can be done. I have over 150 digital books in Kindle so I am anxious to get back to my reading.

Apr 22, 2022 4:06 PM in response to gdaroza

I have the same problem, and I am hopeful that the app will get fixed (sounds like they are aware of the situation). In the meantime, I suggest that you temporarily use the Kindle Cloud Connect service. Similar to the app but it is online through the iPad Safari browser. Using the service this way allows you to have access to your full library. Visually a little different (more like a Kindle reader), but functional.

Apr 24, 2022 11:19 AM in response to gdaroza

My dad is having the same issue and all we have received is the run around. Amazon says to call Apple and Apple says to call the developer which is Amazon as it's the kindle app. Which we have done both . We have literally installed, powered it off , reinstalled , we have deregistered the app from amazon as well. Feeling helpless as this is my 88 year old dads only past time he looks forward to.

After updating Kindle app, it will not open?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.