Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kindle app for ipad

My kindle app on my iPad won’t open after I updated it a couple of days ago. Does anyone have a fix for this? I tried closing out and opening again, shutting down my iPad and then trying to open it and still nothing. It worked fine before I updated it. Please help. Thank you

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 1:13 AM

Ensure that you have updated your iPad to the most recent version of iPadOS - at time of writing, this being iPadOS 15.5.

Also ensure that your Kindle App has been updated to the current version. A bug, fixed in the most recent Kindle App update, has been known to cause the Kindle App to freeze.

All books that you have purchased for your Kindle/Kindle App can be downloaded again without cost. As such, deleting or offloading the Kindle App from your iPad, should it be necessary to do so, carries no risk of losing your books.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2022 1:13 AM in response to lvh78

Ensure that you have updated your iPad to the most recent version of iPadOS - at time of writing, this being iPadOS 15.5.

Also ensure that your Kindle App has been updated to the current version. A bug, fixed in the most recent Kindle App update, has been known to cause the Kindle App to freeze.

All books that you have purchased for your Kindle/Kindle App can be downloaded again without cost. As such, deleting or offloading the Kindle App from your iPad, should it be necessary to do so, carries no risk of losing your books.

Kindle app for ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.