Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How often does shared health data update?

I'm receiving shared health data from my parent. I'm trying to understand how frequently the data is updated on my end (parent is always connected on theirs). I understand it is not immediate but have been unable to discern a pattern (e.g., every xx hours or at certain times during the day). This information (i.e., the frequency) would be helpful to know and not sure why Apple does not make clear.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 6:56 AM

1 reply

Apr 22, 2022 8:44 AM in response to mreagen50

Greetings, mreagen50.

You can learn how to manage what you share:

“Manage what you share and view

You're in control of what you share. You can change what’s being shared, stop sharing, or stop receiving health data at any time. You can also update what notifications you receive from individuals who are sharing their data with you.

An iPhone screen showing the available health topics you can add or stop sharing. 

Stop sharing health data

1. On your iPhone, open the Health app.
  2. Tap Sharing.
  3. Select an individual or provider under You're Sharing With.
  4. Turn off a health topic to stop sharing that data.

You can also tap Show All Topics under any category to add additional data to share. To stop sharing all health data, you can scroll down and tap Stop Sharing. If you stop sharing entirely, your data is removed from the other person's device or the provider's health record system.

An iPhone screen showing the options to turn off Alerts, Trends, or Updates when sharing health data with another person. 

Stop receiving health data

1. On your iPhone, open the Health app.
  2. Select an individual under Sharing With You.
  3. Tap Options in the upper-right.
  4. Turn off Stop Receiving Health Data.

If you want to stop receiving notifications, you can turn off Alerts, Trends, or Updates.” Share and view health data in the Health app 

We hope this helps! 

Sincerely.

How often does shared health data update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.