Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

xxx(null)@p##-caldav.icloud.com

For years now I have been unable to delete or change a repeating calendar appointments on my iPhone that were created using previous versions of iCal. The appointments seem to be ghost appointments tied to an older, somehow archived version of ical called [(null)@p##-caldav.icloud.com] that can't be accessed. I call it a ghost because I can make it dissapear off a calendar only to have it come back with an operating system update. Hence my writing of this today with the latest Monterey update across all devices. How can I get rid of this "ghost" without getting rid of the history of those appointments that I need to keep a record of?

example calendar:

on iCloud: Home (syncs with everything)

on iPhone same (duplicate?) calendar now possibly archived: Home[(null)@p##-caldav.icloud.com]

appointment was made using the Home calendar and then was assigned to the "null" calendar

• I can delete or change these appointments on my Mac but it doesn't change it on my phone.
  • I can go in on the iPhone and turn off the caldav.icloud calendars but this doesn't make the problem go away, I just don't see it everyday. Additionally when there is an operating system update the ghost appointments show back up, I assume because the update authorizes all calendars...

I know I can delete the calendar from my phone - I am then told it will delete everything associated with that calendar. My question is if I delete the caldav.icloud calendar will it delete old appointments that I need to keep record of or will those appointments still show up in the apparently parallel calendar on iCloud? i.e. have those old appointments been tied to the caldav.icloud.com calendar or to the original calendar set up on iCal application?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 11:00 AM

Hi NBN755,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today.

You may have already seen these steps: If you have duplicate events on your iCloud Calendar.

Since this may not exactly apply here and involves iCloud, we'd recommend taking a deeper dive at Get Support.

Have a fantastic day!

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 22, 2022 12:17 PM in response to MichaelB2019

Yes I am familiar with how to delete the CalDav. I have also taken a deeper diver to no avail. My basic question is if I delete the CalDav calendars do I delete the appointments linked to them or do the appointments stay linked to the parent calendar from which CalDav appears to have been created. It seems that several operating systems ago something got stuck...

Apr 22, 2022 2:04 PM in response to JessS19

Hi JessS and MichaelB

Thanks so much for your quick reply and for trying to direct me to help. I think I need a deeper dive into information. Before writing here I spent over an hour on the phone with Apple Support. They were unable to answer the questions with any more depth than here. I guess this is something no one really has an answer for. If that isn't true and any one has information on how these null caldav calendars ended up being created and or if deleting them doesn't delete the appointment record. I'd love to know.

I know I can delete the accounts but before doing that need to understand whether I lose the record of the meetings and acceptances etc having occured.

xxx(null)@p##-caldav.icloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.