You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I start and use the Mac studio without a display connected only to my iPad?

sometimes I need to take my Mac studio with me to a hotel, but I don’t know if I can connect the tv. Can I use the studio only with an iOS device as a monitor? Such as an iPad or an iPhone?

Mac Studio

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 1:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 1:58 PM

No. To turn on the option to use the iPad as a display you need to be able to see the Mac’s main screen and navigate to the option. It won’t automatically use the connected iPad as a screen from start up.

Unless the TV is odd or restricted in some way to access the port on the back, you should be able to connect the Studio to a TV easily with an HDMI cable.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 21, 2022 1:58 PM in response to PeteHikers

No. To turn on the option to use the iPad as a display you need to be able to see the Mac’s main screen and navigate to the option. It won’t automatically use the connected iPad as a screen from start up.

Unless the TV is odd or restricted in some way to access the port on the back, you should be able to connect the Studio to a TV easily with an HDMI cable.

Can I start and use the Mac studio without a display connected only to my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.