Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What external hard to use with iMac mid 2011, 21.5 inch?

Need to purchase an external hard drive for my iMac mid 2011, 21.5 inch as my current external hard drive has stopped working. Also, planning to purchase MacBook Air 2022 this year. Any help would be appreciated.

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 7:46 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Community.

safehouse69 wrote:

Need to purchase an external hard drive for my iMac mid 2011, 21.5 inch as my current external hard drive has stopped working. Also, planning to purchase MacBook Air 2022 this year. Any help would be appreciated.

Since you're going to be upgrading to a new MacBook Air soon, you may appreciate a portable drive. I would recommend one of these drives, both sold at Apple:

Since your current Mac is older and doesn't have USB-C, for you current iMac, you'll need this cable for it to be compatible.

Cheers,

Jack

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2022 7:46 PM in response to safehouse69

Welcome to Apple Support Community.

safehouse69 wrote:

Since you're going to be upgrading to a new MacBook Air soon, you may appreciate a portable drive. I would recommend one of these drives, both sold at Apple:

Since your current Mac is older and doesn't have USB-C, for you current iMac, you'll need this cable for it to be compatible.

Cheers,

Jack

What external hard to use with iMac mid 2011, 21.5 inch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.