Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System data took up 21GB out of 128GB

I have an iPhone 12 Pro, and realise my storage keep getting smaller no matter how much files I deleted. And I realise other/system data is keep generating until it took almost 20% of my total storage. The storage continues to grow and until it max out my storage now I couldn't even turn the phone on.

I tried to search for solutions and it seems there is no better answer to reset the phone where I have a lot files/photos yet to back up.

Is this a strategy for Apple to push ppl buy larger storage phone and boost their cloud services. Because this issue seems to be there for a while and is only getting worse.

Such a huge disappointment for me as almost all my products all Apple and I am loosing my trust.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 11:59 AM

I would ignore that because this system data will make room when you need more space on your iPhone. These are some cache and temporary files that will be erased by the system whenever you try to save more files.

You may --> Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (IN)

1 reply

System data took up 21GB out of 128GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.