Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

system data iPhone 14 pro

my brand new iPhone 14 pro shows more than 128 gb in the storage management after changing iPhone 12 to 14. When I shut it off and start it again, it disappears. But today I again got the message: more than 128 gb system. After shutting down and restarting everything is again okay. How can I change this?

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 1:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 3:33 AM

If you mean the system data is back to normal expectations (8GB + maybe 6GB) then all is working as expected after a big changeover.

If it comes back again permanently First try a Forced restart

Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

If no better

Backup, restore to factory,  and   test, then restore from backup:- 

(If the phone needs attention you will have to do this anyway)

If you can import your media to Photos or iTunes in a computer and copy important documents to a cloud server it will give you some resilience in case the restore from backup fails, or you need to ditch the backup and start as new. 

(1)          How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

(2)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

(3)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

After that reach out to Apple Support directly. You should be able to reach them here

Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2022 3:33 AM in response to Biebiene

If you mean the system data is back to normal expectations (8GB + maybe 6GB) then all is working as expected after a big changeover.

If it comes back again permanently First try a Forced restart

Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

If no better

Backup, restore to factory,  and   test, then restore from backup:- 

(If the phone needs attention you will have to do this anyway)

If you can import your media to Photos or iTunes in a computer and copy important documents to a cloud server it will give you some resilience in case the restore from backup fails, or you need to ditch the backup and start as new. 

(1)          How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

(2)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

(3)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

After that reach out to Apple Support directly. You should be able to reach them here

Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

system data iPhone 14 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.