Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen freezes when lid is opened past 45 degrees

Hi,

Macbook pro 15” 2018

Im having an issue with my mac screen whenever i open the lid past 45 degrees.

screen freezes with horizontal lines at the top and its unusable (cursor not moving, cant click anything). When i close it slowly it works at a lower angle (under 45 degrees or so) but its getting worse.

no physical/water damage - it just started one morning out of the blue.

i saw theres a recall program for same issue but 13”. Since this is the same problem I wanted to ask how may request an extension or consideration for 15” aswell please?

I love my mac and take great care of it as its my main work tool which i cant use at the moment so would really appreciate help?

MacBook Pro 15″, 11.6

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 1:08 PM

3 replies

Apr 22, 2022 5:54 PM in response to Benkauf

Apple will not repair it for free as they only acknowledge the issue with the 2016 13" model. I personally have tried getting Apple to consider this with no success. It is a poor design which affects models through the 2019 & 2020, but fortunately it is a less common issue with the 2018+ models compared to the 2016 & 2017 models. The repair will be very expensive especially for a 15" model.

You can provide Apple product feedback here (Apple will not respond):

Product Feedback - Apple

You can contact Apple corporate to voice your displeasure (Apple may respond):

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

You can also check your local consumer protection laws.

screen freezes when lid is opened past 45 degrees

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.