Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2020 Macbook Air M1 screen stuck once closing the lid

Hi, I bought a new Macbook Air M1 (2020) and found a problem. Whenever I close the lid, the screen always gets stuck once I open it again. The track pad, keyboard and mouse all became frozen. The computer became totally unresponsive unless I turn off the power.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks.

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 4:31 PM

Similar questions

11 replies

Apr 23, 2022 7:17 PM in response to EileenJ00

EileenJ00 Said:

"Can someone give me the link to the step by step guide in reformatting my macbook air m1 2020? thank you!"

-------

Reinstalling the macOS Anew:

See if this Site Helps: How to Reinstall the macOS Anew - No TMB Prior to Upgrade - User Tip. Format the hard drive with Monterey, on step D.

In Depth:

Pretty much, it is a matter of:

1. Erasing: and formatting your hard drive to APFS
  2. Installing: Big Sur via a USB Bootable Installer
  3. Restoring: info from a Time Machine Backup, using Migration Assistant

Apr 3, 2022 4:57 PM in response to saberfate185

saberfate185 Said:

"2020 Macbook Air M1 screen stuck once closing the lid: Hi, I bought a new Macbook Air M1 (2020) and found a problem. Whenever I close the lid, the screen always gets stuck once I open it again. The track pad, keyboard and mouse all became frozen. The computer became totally unresponsive unless I turn off the power. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks."

-------

Troubleshooting a Frozen Mac:

Two things to do:

A. Shut Down Using the Apple Menu:

Next time you have it powered on, shut it off promptly using the Apple menu. Then power it on. See if this no longer occurs.

also, ...

B. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

2020 Macbook Air M1 screen stuck once closing the lid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.