Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shutdown Macbook M1Pro, but it opens automatically when lid opens

When I shut down the Macbook M1 Pro (Monterey 12.2), the screen goes black and it shuts down, then I close the lid. When I reopen it the next day, it turns on automatically without my turning it on. I wanted to clean the screen and shut it down, then when I started to wipe over the screen, it also turned on. No help from the Apple site. Someone told me it was a glitch in Monterey. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you. I've had it 2 weeks.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 4:33 AM

Not a Glitch in Monterey sorry to report.

Since sometime, Apple has designed the newer computer to Automatically Turn ON once the Lid is opened.

Even if the computer has been turn off as you have done. the moment the lid is opened, it will turn On

Yes, very much agree on this issue when attempting to clean the screen.

There is no documented method from Apple on how to get around this " Designed by Apple " function.

EDITED

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2022 4:33 AM in response to DogsAreGreatAsAlways

Not a Glitch in Monterey sorry to report.

Since sometime, Apple has designed the newer computer to Automatically Turn ON once the Lid is opened.

Even if the computer has been turn off as you have done. the moment the lid is opened, it will turn On

Yes, very much agree on this issue when attempting to clean the screen.

There is no documented method from Apple on how to get around this " Designed by Apple " function.

EDITED

Shutdown Macbook M1Pro, but it opens automatically when lid opens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.