Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2019 16-inch Macbook Pro screen turns on when lid closed

Referring back to an old post that never seems to have gotten resolved. I'm having the same issue and need help.

The screen turns off about an inch before being fully closed, then turns back on once the lid is shut. I've tried everything from resetting SMC, turning off networking sharing, adjusting battery/power settings, etc. Desperately need help. Is this a known problem with the 2019 16" MBPs or something? Someone please help.

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 9:25 AM

ilhoya wrote:

Referring back to an old post that never seems to have gotten resolved. I'm having the same issue and need help.

The screen turns off about an inch before being fully closed, then turns back on once the lid is shut. I've tried everything from resetting SMC, turning off networking sharing, adjusting battery/power settings, etc. Desperately need help. Is this a known problem with the 2019 16" MBPs or something? Someone please help.

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2022 9:25 AM in response to ilhoya

ilhoya wrote:

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

2019 16-inch Macbook Pro screen turns on when lid closed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.