Laptop Screen turns back on when closed

Hello,

I have a 2019 MacBook Pro that started to turn back on when I close the lid. It turns black and then shortly after it turns back on. I can see it illuminated and when I open the lid it turns black. I've been letting it sit the the lid open once it turns black so it will not over heat. Can anyone help me solve what could be causing this issue? Thank you!

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 5:35 PM

tscullen wrote:

Hello,
I have a 2019 MacBook Pro that started to turn back on when I close the lid. It turns black and then shortly after it turns back on. I can see it illuminated and when I open the lid it turns black. I've been letting it sit the the lid open once it turns black so it will not over heat. Can anyone help me solve what could be causing this issue? Thank you!

On an Intel Mac you can try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

...It could be recommended 2 or 3 time in a row if no change.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2023 5:35 PM in response to tscullen

tscullen wrote:

Hello,

On an Intel Mac you can try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

...It could be recommended 2 or 3 time in a row if no change.

Laptop Screen turns back on when closed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.