Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No official apple store, where do i get charger for my new iPhone 13 pro ?

The same as above. I live in pakistan. I purchase an iPhone 13 Pro. Where am i supposed to get an adapter for it from? Like, how does it work in such countries? How could apple let its users be prone use a third party charger which may cause a serious damage to the phone ? How am i supposed to be sure that the extra PKR 10,000 I pay will be worth it & that i am actually purchasing an original adapter & not a third party chinese one.?

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 6:24 PM

If you insist on genuine Apple, there are "Apple Authorized" resellers in Pakistan.

Apple - Find Locations

Not sure of your specific location, but here's some in Karachi and Lahore. It's kind of limited though.

https://itechpk.com/product-category/accessories/iphone-ipad-accessories/power-cables-iphone-ipad-accessories-iphone-ipad/

http://istore.com.pk/index.html

Also - you're free to use older USB-A to Lightning cables along with USB-A power adapters, USB power banks, computer ports, USB-A power ports on power outlets, etc. I personally use ones made by Belkin and other companies in addition to my Apple OEM ones. Most of the cables I use are inexpensive ones on Apple's list of MFi sellers. If you can find it, power adapters from Anker are actually quite good.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2022 6:24 PM in response to Incogitant007

If you insist on genuine Apple, there are "Apple Authorized" resellers in Pakistan.

Apple - Find Locations

Not sure of your specific location, but here's some in Karachi and Lahore. It's kind of limited though.

https://itechpk.com/product-category/accessories/iphone-ipad-accessories/power-cables-iphone-ipad-accessories-iphone-ipad/

http://istore.com.pk/index.html

Also - you're free to use older USB-A to Lightning cables along with USB-A power adapters, USB power banks, computer ports, USB-A power ports on power outlets, etc. I personally use ones made by Belkin and other companies in addition to my Apple OEM ones. Most of the cables I use are inexpensive ones on Apple's list of MFi sellers. If you can find it, power adapters from Anker are actually quite good.

Apr 23, 2022 4:58 PM in response to Incogitant007

The current ones packaged with all new iPhones are USB-C to Lightning. USB-C is the current latest USB plug standard designed to provide several different voltages, although the only ones that the latest iPhones current use provide 5V/9V. The cables have one USB-C end and one Lightning end. They should be capable of the maximum power, which is 20W with a suitable power adapter.

This will have the ones for sale in the United States to use standard two-prong outlets for bladed plugs, but there will be similar ones sold that will work in the outlet type that you have. Some of them are Apple's modular system with a plug that attaches to a general power adapter than can take any plug.

About Apple USB power adapters - Apple Support

With a USB-C to Lightning cable, the max power input that an iPhone can take is 20W at 9V (2.22A). That's what the 20W power adapter is rated to provide.

With a USB-A to Lightning cable, the max power input that an iPhone can take is 10.5W at 5V (2.1A). What Apple provides is either the 10W or 12W one primarily designed for iPads (and previously packaged with them) although they're really just general purpose power adapters. However, what Apple computers would put out would be 2.1 A or 10.5W when connected to an iPhone. There are quite a few third party power adapters that are rated at 2.1A/5V. This would be the older style. This one can provide more than 2.1A but if you use it with an iPhone it won't use more than 2.1A by design.

You can buy cables and power adapters that aren't Apple. Apple does have a program where they certify third-party products as suitable for use with Apple products, called "Made for iPhone/iPad/iPod" and you'll often seen them sold as "MFi certified".

I really wouldn't worry about using a well made USB-A power adapter. I have heard that some sellers of Apple devices claim that only Apple USB-C power adapters are suitable for the latest iPhones, but that's simply not true. However, there is a lot of junk out there, including counterfeits of Apple, so be careful. I personally use power adapters with the Apple, Belkin, and Amazon brands as well as some that are pretty good even if they're not some big brand name.

I'd really recommend having spares. I mostly use MFi cables and have perhaps over two dozen Apple and MFi cables around the house, in bags, and in my car. Cables can fail eventually (even Apple) and I find it convenient to have extras lying around or just have a convenient one lying around.

Apr 23, 2022 10:04 AM in response to Incogitant007

Incogitant007 wrote:
I appreciate your detailed response. But where has Apple mentioned that the adapter we're supposed to use for iPhone 13 Pro is the 20W one ? And, what if I purchase the 30W charger from the official Apple store of which you've sent me the link. Another thing, do they deal in reaching out to customers in Pakistan? I'm from Peshawar, Pakistan. Can I place my order of the adapter right away? From the list that you sent me the link of. ? The phone I'm purchasing is actually worth like, $2100 so I hasitate from using an unofficial product.

I don't believe there's any place in Peshawar that officially sells Apple products. I don't see the iStore website give any options to purchase online, but it does look like iTech does. They only seem to have direct bank transfers and cash on delivery, and I'm not sure how much the charge for shipping to Peshawar.

You should have no issue using any OEM Apple USB-C power adapter - even the high power ones designed for use with Macs. There's nothing particularly damaging about them as they will "negotiate" the voltage to be used and the phone's own power management system will limit the current that it takes in.

However, there's nothing particularly damaging about using a lower powered USB-A power supply/adapter/port/etc. as long as it's well made. Plenty of people use older Apple power adapters with USB-A to Lightning cables without any issues other than the charging rate is a bit slower. Some even prefer them because there are theoretical benefits to charging at a lower rate. In my family, we've got a variety of 2.1A (10.5W) power adapters that have worked just fine with newer iPhones. For newer iPhones, the 20W one is the preferred one because that's the maximum current it will take in and the cost is more reasonable than Apple's higher powered ones for Macs. However, I wouldn't hesitate to use a quality one from another brand (like Samsung, Anker, Belkin, etc.). Apple doesn't actually make their own power adapters. They specify an industrial design, but the actual power supply is designed by their suppliers such as Flextronics, Artesyn, Lite-On, Foxlink, or Salcomp and meets Apple's requirements.

Power adapters for iPhone - Apple Support
You can also use Apple USB power adapters for iPad and Mac notebooks to charge iPhone, and you can use third-party power adapters that are compliant with applicable country regulations and international and regional safety standards.

Apr 23, 2022 1:17 AM in response to y_p_w

I appreciate your detailed response. But where has Apple mentioned that the adapter we're supposed to use for iPhone 13 Pro is the 20W one ? And, what if I purchase the 30W charger from the official Apple store of which you've sent me the link. Another thing, do they deal in reaching out to customers in Pakistan? I'm from Peshawar, Pakistan. Can I place my order of the adapter right away? From the list that you sent me the link of. ? The phone I'm purchasing is actually worth like, $2100 so I hasitate from using an unofficial product.

No official apple store, where do i get charger for my new iPhone 13 pro ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.